“I tried to follow the blogs which talked about what happened to Rev. Bennett. I was a student of his and felt great pain reading that. A more gentle caring man you can not find so to read about how he was treated is just horrible.
I have a question, which may make me sound stupid, but could you summarize what happened for me – and maybe others out here feel the same – I had a very difficult time following what happened. Sometimes I got the ugliness of it, but couldn’t follow the story. I have no legal training or any kind of experience with anything legal so I got lost many times”
Thank you for your concern and interest. When these kind of things happen, folks causing the problem hope most people will have your reaction, back away, forget what happened to another human being. This then allows the people who perpetrated this to move on to the next person. We hope you will continue to follow this. We have a long way to go before this is over and at the same time, there are others who need help for very similar reasons.
I can give you the beginnings of what we believe is a criminal conspiracy and which took away Robert’s freedoms on every level without his having a chance to know about and/or defend himself in violation of state law and probably many other laws.
As we have seen from others, what makes it difficult to follow this is the attorneys involved impound the documents so almost no one can see them. We think it is something called CYA for them. What took us a long time to understand this was the fact of the impoundment. The SCES attorneys asked that all the documents be impounded. Thank God, someone had access and put documents from the case through the mail slot at Robert’s home.
Several other people – all minorities – have come to us asking for help. The problem they were having – besides the ugly of what was done to them or their family – was trying to figure out what happened and why. We had the same problem, but after a bit of help this is what we found. It isn’t the whole story, just the beginning to give you some idea as to what we are up against. We discovered it is also a pattern which other such happenings follow almost to the “T” – as the old folks say.
On March 3, 2020 the Cambridge police rang Rev. Bennett’s door bell. Eight white policemen, five or six EMT’s, two ambulances and a hospital gurney were sitting outside.
The police said they came to get Robert Bennett because of a Court order to pick him up and take him – whether he wants to go or not – to Mount Auburn Hospital.
It was a shock and total disbelief for all in the house. None had ever experienced anything like this. Neighbors came from across the street to see if they could help.
We discovered there had been a Court Order. The police didn’t have a copy and didn’t intend to give Robert or anyone else a copy. Robert was supposed to just go with them without any proof of their right to be at his door demanding he would either go voluntarily or be dragged out.
After some back and forth with the police and all the people in the house, one of the policemen left and returned with a Court Order.
It was a Section 12, taken out by Dr. Rebecca Warner – a psychiatrist. We had never heard of her. Mount Auburn Hospital was the last place any of us would go because we don’t think much of the place. After this, we think it should be one of the hospitals closed. There is no excuse for a hospital not knowing this kind of thing is going on within its buildings.
This “Court Order” said Dr. Warner had never met Robert, never examined him, never been to his house, but she signed this order anyway and added that the house she had never seen was “unsafe.”
This Section 12 is the kind of order taken out to force people into the hospital who are causing trouble publicly and from drug overdoses, alcoholic episodes in public, etc. None of that described Robert on any level – and he was just home from MGH where he had what appeared to be successful brain surgery. Before he was discharged from MGH for brain surgery he was taking care of himself, walking, talking and in good shape. We were all concerned before the surgery, but after we were relieved until the police started appearing.
Having just left MGH why was Mount Auburn Hospital people trying to shove Rev. Dr. Robert Bennett into their psych ward – and without any reason.
If you know Marceline, Robert’s wife, I am sure you know she went ballistic. Robert went instead to MGH. Marceline insisted and that was the only concession the police would make.
Robert was examined by a psychiatrist at MGH who said there was no reason for him to be there, no reason for them to keep him and several people were amazed to see us in an “emergency room” for people having had psychiatric breaks, other mental emergency problems or substance abuse problems.
Marceline and a neighbor stayed the entire time with Robert refusing to leave him alone.
After his exam by a psychiatrist, which is required under a Section 12, the Section 12 was lifted and Robert went home. That was about 3:30am. From mid-day on the 3rd of March until 3:30am on March 4th.
It took that long because there was a long line of people waiting to be seen by the psychiatrists.
Robert was sent home with all vitals normal including blood pressure. No medicines prescribed, etc.
That charade was thanks to Somerville Cambridge Elder and Protective Services. This is a group we are discovering is totally out of control and Protective Services – which serves the Commonwealth of Massachusetts has caused significant and horrible hurt to many people – mostly elderly and mostly all minorities. After their encounter with this group they are decidedly less-well off – their assets, including their insurance has been practically drained. I would classify this as medicare fraud – using medicare to perpetuate what looks like a criminal conspiracy.
On March 6th, the police were back. This time only two police, one ambulance, a couple EMT’s and for the same reason – to take Robert to MGH because the Court ordered such claiming he was in grave danger living with a wife who substantially abused him – physically, mentally, health wise by refusing him medicines prescribed for him and more. The Court Order granted to Somerville Cambridge Elder and Protective Services a Protective Order which had nothing to do with Robert. It read as though it was taken from fiction. The Court also ordered an Independent Psychiatric Exam. The fact that Rev. Bennett had one just two days earlier was not told to the Court. That was March 6th. This Independent Exam was not done for another 10 days after Robert was forced back into the hospital and not until 10 days after he was given a slew of drugs which could have destroyed the success of his brain surgery especially since many were blood thinners or acted by thinning the blood. Who did that “Independent Exam”, Dr. Rebecca Warner, the psychiatrist who signed off on the Section 12 which first allowed the police into Rev. Bennetts life in such a negative way. She signed off on something that serious on a man she didn’t know, never met, never examined. etc.
One thing struck us hard. While these Court hearings were going on with the attorneys explaining to the judge why Robert was indigent and could not be present because he wasn’t physically able to be there – too old and too sick – where was Robert Bennett? He was in a store in Harvard Square he and his wife had walked to from their home to get out for sunshine and to get what happened the day before out of their minds. They met friends, laughed and talked, sat by the river in the sun and then walked home.
We do have proof of that from people who saw them over that day and time gave us statements.
That is quite a contrast to what the SCES, their attorney and the Court Appointed Attorney were trying to picture so they could get from the Court what they wanted and needed for what we believe is a conspiracy to “incapacitate” Rev. Bennett, drain his assets by shoving him into a nursing home, keeping him restrained so he stays “incapacitated”, etc.
This Court Order went on to say Robert had no one else to care for him; he had no place else to go; he was indigent and needed state appointed lawyers; but mostly needed to be immediately extracted from his home, wife and family because of imminent danger to his health that staying in that home would cause. At the time Robert’s adult children were at Robert’s home. That information was kept from the Court.
The police knew Robert Bennett was not alone because as soon as they arrived neighbors started to arrive at the house to see what was wrong and how they could help.
How did it come to that point?
- Protective Services went to Court and claimed in Court under oath that Robert was indigent. Step one of the pattern for Protective Services and others to gain control over Robert
- The attorney appointed by the Court without Robert or his family’s knowledge or consent was being paid for by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts because SCES claimed Robert was indigent. Step two of the pattern. That gave them control over everything and they clearly abused that control.
- That Court appointed attorney submitted a motion to the court which claimed it was from Robert Bennett and in that motion he was swearing that he was indigent and needed State money for an attorney to help him. They also had this fictional Robert swearing to the fact that his wife abused him.
- The motion – also claiming at the end to be “Respectfully submitted by Robert Bennett”, in fact was submitted by the Court appointed attorney who had never met Robert, never talked to him, etc. On the line where one would sign such a document, it was blank. Robert Bennett had not signed the document he knew nothing about. The attorney Cheri Myette signed under Robert Bennett’s name. Were they trying to get this through by convincing the Court that Robert Bennett couldn’t read, write, understand anything? That is how he was characterized throughout the Court hearing and the Judge, having much surfacing to cause questions, ignored it all and went with the Protective Services attorneys and the attorney Court appointed to represent Robert Bennett. Since when in this country can a Court appoint an attorney to represent someone who can speak, sign, etc. for themselves and that attorney can run around claiming to represent a person with whom they have no contact.
- Neither Somerville Cambridge Elder and Protective Services nor Robert’s Court appointed attorney told the Court they had used the police to extract Robert from his home on March 3rd. They did not tell the Court their effort to take Robert out of his home for Mental Health reasons failed. They claimed then Robert was the problem and he needed psychiatric help. Since that didn’t work for them they decided to slander Robert’s wife and claim she was the reason they had to extract Robert from his home twice within as many days.
- Neither Somerville Cambridge Elder and Protective Services nor Robert’s Court appointed attorney told the Court they had been in Court for an emergency motion ex parte on March 5th and had been turned down by the judge who said the other party had to be notified.
- Both Somerville Cambridge Elder and Protective Services kept from the Court the fact that they had not notified Robert of the hearing, nor allowed him to be represented by his own attorneys, etc.
- They had two hearings with Judge Langlois who turned them down and refused to give them a Protective Order so they found a judge who would work with them to Robert’s detriment.
- On March 5th the judge Langlois appointed an attorney for Robert Bennett. Not a particular attorney, but one goes to the state agency that provides such and funds such to get an attorney.
- CSCP, The agency that takes money from the state to fund such attorney requests claims that when such happens in the Court they make the next attorney on the list available. When we called to ask about the process we were told that rule was inviolable. They never jump the list. Whoever is next on the list is who serves as the persons attorney. That turned out to be a pile of crap.
- On March 5th SCES by-passed protocol and procedures and CSCP and directly contacted Cheri Myette and asked if she would serve as Robert’s attorney. She agreed. So the list was jumped.
- On March 5th she submitted her motion to the Court claiming to represent Robert Bennett without contacting Robert Bennett. The judges specifically said Robert Bennett should be contacted to have knowledge of these events. That meant nothing. He was not contacted. He couldn’t be for this conspiracy to work. They appeared and spoke for him in his name and more.
- On March 5th there was a hearing during which Robert Bennett was represented as not only being “indigent”, but also not in Court because he was too ill and out of it to be present. The Court appointed attorney for Robert declared to the Court that she had notified him she was his attorney and appeared in Court on his behalf because he was unable to function physically or otherwise. She also filed a motion, heard on March 6th, asking the Court to approve $2,000 for an “Independent Psychiatric Exam” because Robert was indigent and couldn’t afford to pay for one. Again Rev. Bennett’s signature is not on that motion.
- As we outlined above, Rev. Bennett, at the same time they were in Court representing him as unable to function, physically or otherwise, he was in Harvard Square with his wife enjoying the day laughing and talking with friends.
- The Court gave its permission to forcibly remove Robert Bennett from his home and on March 6th that happened and Robert was kept out of his home for five weeks while his wife hired attorneys and fought what happened to Rev. Bennett. They are still fighting those battles, but at least this time they are fighting it together.
- She hired two law firms – one to represent Rev. Bennett and one to represent her. This was done just days after Rev. Bennett was shoved into MGH by the police. SCES claimed Robert was indigent and could not afford to hire lawyers. Isn’t that lying to take State money to pay for an attorney when it is actually to promote and move what we believe is the criminal conspiracy down the road? Aren’t there state penalties for such? Since the state knows about this and has chosen to ignore it – what does that say about Massachusetts and how it treats African Americans, especially the elderly?
- The two law firms wound up representing Marceline because they could not represent Robert Bennett. The Court appointed attorney who Robert Bennett did not want and who he never met or talked to even through to the end of this action – stayed. And what is it called to take state money for an Independent Psychiatric Exam just two days after an Independent Exam by reputable people in a reputable institution had already been done? And to have the “Independent Examiner” – Dr. Rebecca Warner – be the person who started this in the first place. And to use that money and the state to perpetrate and move forward what we think has all the signs of a criminal conspiracy. The role state money plays in this is crucial. How it is used to create this travesty through the Court system is horrendous and has been going on for quite some time.
- Robert Bennett was forced into MGH against his will; without having had a hearing of which he was notified. He was not allowed to be represented by his own attorneys. He was not even allowed to know there was a hearing going on whose purpose it was to take away his freedom, destroy his health and drain his assets. The ultimate goal was to declare him under the guardianship of the Jewish Agency for Family and Children in which the attorney representing SCES has a major interest. To do that, Robert needed to be declared indigent, ‘incapacitated’, needing care with no one to care for him. They had a way to accomplish that – slick.
- SCES carried on this charade of lies before the Court pretending that Robert Bennett had been notified so they could maintain that the ex parte hearing held to get the police to take Robert out of his home was actually a hearing of which Rev. Bennett knew about, agreed to and provided information for the motion Attorney Myette produced within a short time of having been appointed his attorney by SCES after the Court authorized a Court Appointed attorney for a so-called indigent person.
- None of these folks were interested in the welfare of Rev. Bennett. Their interests, which unveiled as this went on, were about their careers, their program, the program they were trying to get established in Mount Auburn Hospital apparently using Robert Bennett’s life to help their career and program goals. How do we know this? To do something like this – it is the end of a process where the agency has been involved with the family, etc. SCES did this without ever having met Rev. Bennett; knowing nothing about his family – his history – his home – not even knowing if he had any history of mental illness or anything close. They just pushed into this family and used the Court and the Police to take it over. Whatever human pain and suffering they caused was really not their concern.
- While in MGH Rev. Bennett was forced daily to take anti-psychotics, blood thinners (after brain surgery), high blood pressure pills when his blood pressure was normal, hallucinatory drugs, and about 8 to 10 other drugs for five weeks.
- Dr. Warner showed up, leaving Mount Auburn Hospital for MGH, after Rev. Bennett was forced onto this drug regimen for 10 days before her visit, to give him an “Independent Psychiatric Exam”.
- Rev. Bennett had already been given one at MGH during his first forced visit, but that didn’t matter to Dr. Warner. The state was charged $2,000 which was paid to Dr. Warner for this visit. This visit happened 10 days after Rev. Bennett was shoved into MGH against his will and 10 days after he was started on these medications. If you want a diagnosis of “incapacitated” this is some of what you have to do to get it.
- She declared Rev. Bennett “incapacitated” and the description is horrifying – no ability to think for himself, etc. A description we have read which was given to others who were put through the same trauma. Some left the state because they were afraid of being picked up again for no reason and shoved into some other institution. Some died.
- Mount Auburn and MGH are not the only hospitals used as such.
- The people doing the using aren’t worried about money. They charge all of this to the insurance of the person they are trying to destroy.
- How else can you ‘incapacitate someone, especially someone over 80?Rev. Bennett was forced to stay in bed 24/7 in a very small space in the corner of a room with hospital equipment not being used, but stored in his small 7′ by 9’ space with no access to sun, windows, etc. no visitors allowed and no telephone calls allowed.
- He could move from his bed to the chair next to his bed but the space was so small the arm of the chair hit the bed on one side with the other arm hitting the wall.
- Both his bed and the chair were alarmed so if he moved or tried to get up out of either one, he would be heard and forced back into the bed. That went on for five weeks.
- The time over which that went on was COVID-19 time and MGH was closed because of that – and Robert Bennett was closed in with the virus running amuck when he did not have to be and should not have been so incarcerated against his will.
- His wife was not allowed to visit. She had to make an appointment – could only visit between 11am and 1:30pm – could only stay 30 minutes – and had to be accompanied by a policeman and hospital security during the entire visit. In actual fact, she was allowed to visit only three times over his stay because he was “busy”; they claimed he “had taken out a restraining order against her and he didn’t want to see her” – that wasn’t true; a Security Guard threatened to physically throw her out of the hospital if she didn’t leave because she wasn’t wanted there – in response to her trying to see her husband.
- When they were finally able to get Rev. Bennett released he was forced to be under the care of a Home Health Care Service to maintain the regimen of keeping him in bed on an alarm blanket; forcing him to take the medicines listed above; and much more.
- During the process of his release at home he was sexually abused by one of the women who visited – during the pandemic – from the Home Health Care Service, a service neither Robert nor his wife could choose, but was chosen for them by SCES. They had to allow the Home Health Care people into the house daily – more than one person a day during COVID-19 – they had to watch while Robert took the above medicines and a lot more.
- Those conditions were dictated by SCES.
- Much more happened, but that gives you an idea of what we have been up against. If you have questions, email.
We had no idea the elderly were being so badly treated. It is true in Massachusetts all over the state. It is also true across the country.
This starts by claiming a mental health issue. With that claim the police can be called and the service which takes over takes carte blanche over the patient. The Courts don’t seem interested which makes one wonder if they are also involved in this charade which from our view is a conspiracy. It has happened to more than one person and the people we know about are Jews, African Americans, immigrants, Latina’s and more.
The bigotry is stark. This leads to the assets of the elderly being drained so the next generation inherits nothing and their chances for success are seriously limited.
It is claimed this apparent conspiracy came from people who were concerned about the way immigrants came to this country and in short order took over. Dealing with the ‘undesirables’ to limit them and others like them from having any influence in this country, as the story goes, this criminal conspiracy was developed. It has received quick accceptance because the money and assets one can grift off of these situations is amazingly large.
When Rev. Bennett was finally released from Massachusetts General Hospital he looked as though he had just been released from a Concentration Camp and that is no exaggeration.
Responses from Bettina Network Lifestyle Community Members!Saturday, July 4th, 2020
Rev. Dr. Robert Bennett is the second African American – that we know of – who has had a negative interaction with the police. He is the second African American who had done nothing even remotely criminal and yet the police came to his house twice and forced him out and incarcerated him. The second time for five weeks.
The first we heard about was “Skip” Gates.. Henry Louis Gates, Jr., is the Alphonse Fletcher University Professor and Director of the Hutchins Center for African and African American Research at Harvard University. Emmy Award-winning filmmaker, literary scholar, journalist, cultural critic, and institution builder.
The attempt was to arrest Skip Gates. There are now pictures in the papers which show him on his porch in handcuffs with the police standing around.
Even if they could not be held, their images could be tarnished and it gives jokes among white supremacists.
And, by the way, how come the police in Cambridge, Ma. are becoming whiter along with Blacks being “arrested” for no reason.
Why was Gates “arrested”? For breaking and entering into his own home.
And Bennett? To be “sectioned” at the local and apparently ‘going along with the program’ hospital. He who had never had a hint of any kind of mental problems was picked up by the police, forced into the hospital to be psychiatrically examined because he was considered a threat to the public. Someone who might do harm to those around and about.
Both are living in areas of Cambridge which are known to be “for white patrons only.” It is an area which traditionally was and is “red lined.”
Rev. Dr. Bennett lives in that area and he is not Harvard connected. Well, except for a Harvard doctorate, however, he was supposed to live in faculty housing so the neighborhood would be confident he and his family would be moving along once he retired. Disappointed and having to come to grips with the reality of where they lived, they decided to sell their house, but then took the house off the market. Shortly thereafter white anger was unleashed and this is the result?
What is incredibly disturbing in what I have read about all the things happening to Rev. Bennett is the fact that he had a probate attorney draw up a Health Care Proxy – which we are all advised to do – and that was drawn up months before he went into the hospital for surgery. Apparently, a judge, at the request of an attorney- who really seems ‘sketchy’ – invalidated that Health Care Proxy and put in its place a Health Care Proxy that Rev. Bennett did not want, had not signed, with a proxy he did not want and that Health Care Proxy was the reason Rev. Bennett had this new Health Care Proxy drawn up. Rev. Bennett was forced by the judge’s decision to have that proxy. Rev. Bennett apparently tried to correct that awfulness by having a probate attorney draw up a Health Care Proxy which invalidated the one he knew nothing about and the Court validated that proxy – the one not signed by Rev. Bennett, one he did not know existed and invalidated the one he clearly wanted. It is mind blowing! Are our attorneys and court that crooked? That said clearly to me this is all about setting up the situation to rip off Rev. Bennett’s assets and not about anything else.
Attorneys who have no ethics about what they are doing and who possibly have hidden interests in so doing can change our wishes to what benefits those attorneys and their clients. What kind of court system do we have? The way it is developing is that of an extreme dictatorship that wants to present a good “front” with no problems letting such things happen. Sadly, some folks have discovered the pots of gold at the end of United States citizens lives and have figured out how to put those citizens into extreme pain, make the end of their lives a torture and wind up with everything they managed to save so that end of life would be decently lived.
People who do not have endless money to be able to hire attorneys to go to court for as long as is necessary to correct this horrible wrong are at the mercy of tainted courts and -should we say ‘crooked’ attorneys? Even then, I suspect it would be a waste of money because the first attorney and judge did ugly things. Isn’t that illegal? Shouldn’t that be illegal? And what recourse do you have except continuing in court – bleeding money to attorneys – and even then – nothing.
Keep publishing. We need to know these things!
This entire thing has upset me and my family unbelievably because we have a probate attorney we hired to make sure we were all covered with what we need and want for those times we might not be able to or not allowed to control our own lives and this says to me that was just a waste of time and money. Money well into four figures. The court and an attorney can invalidate all of it in seconds.
Whatever happened to the United States and its honest court system? Was there ever such a thing and we only knew the image and not the reality?
Thank you for all of your postings about what is happening to Rev. Dr. Bennett. I was a student of his years ago and it grieves me to see what he is going through today.
He is a lovely person. Very quiet, self-effacing and extremely shy!
I was a student at EDS at the time and took his Hebrew Bible Class and a class on Racism he co-taught with his wife, Marceline Donaldson. They also taught that class at Trinity Episcopal Church in Boston, but it was more complete at Episcopal Divinity School.
At the time, when they invited the class to tea at their home, my thoughts were – one day this community is going to attempt to destroy them. They were the only African Americans owning a home in that neighborhood and I knew a few of their neighbors who were not happy with “those folks” living close to them. Besides their comments to me, they smiled nicely when they encountered the couple. I know that because I was with them when one of the neighbors greeted us. They didn’t know Dr. Bennett and his wife so I introduced them. I was so shocked at their response – smiling, lovely, welcoming and just two days prior they were bitter in their comments to me about “such people” living so close.
If there is any way I can help, please let me know. They can’t be left alone in this fight because it is one that affects us all.
My husband and I have been calling Robert and Marceline who we have known for years. At first, I could not believe what was happening to them. After some thought, I realized the same could happen to any of us. My work has made me aware of the result beginnings of these Guardianship Corporations which fly under the banner of “helping the elderly who are alone”. We had one problem in our church with a member who was fairly well off and all of a sudden was embroiled with one of these Guardianship groups trying to take them over. It became clear that they were trying to take over and drain off their assets.
Given what we went through with that family, please know that we are here to do whatever we can for Marceline and Robert. They have always been a very beautiful couple. Their sense of humor with each other is great! It is a shame that this is what they are experiencing at this time of life.
We are praying for them – however, we also want to know what else we can do. My husband thought about organizing a group in the church to work with them and keep that group going after their problems are solved to work with others in the same place.
Stay in touch and please keep those write-ups coming so we all can keep up with what is happening with Dr. Bennett and his wife. When I receive mine I send it around to as many people as I can think of who would be interested and the feed back has been dynamite.
Reading about all of this it is startling and very disturbing.
We have pictures of Skip Gates – from Harvard University – in handcuffs on his own porch – being arrested by the police for breaking and entering his own home?
And now we have Robert Bennett picked up in a huge drama, which we watched and were appalled at the Cambridge Police for allowing themselves to be so used. Or – were they a part of this whole drama before it happened and were attempting what was attempted with Skip Gates?
Do you realize how the Cambridge and Boston police are becoming “whiter”? Now that we are decades away from what caused these areas to attempt to diversify their police force, that has gradually slipped away and we see the whitening now happening. Will we now see more of this happening in Cambridge? Clearly, African Americans can be picked up in Cambridge, by the police, even though there is not even a hint of criminality involved and they can be imprisoned for indefinite periods of time for no reason. And what happens after that? Any and All Americans can be picked up in Cambridge, by the police, even though there is not even a hint of criminality involved and they can be imprisoned for indefinite periods of time for no reason. Do you doubt that? After this, I don’t!
I guess we consider ourselves so influential that we can make those same African Americans pay for their own imprisonment. Isn’t that what happened with Robert Bennett? I would love to know who paid for all of this? Hopefully, not my tax money and hopefully not the Bennett’s insurance money. Either way I am getting ready to protest all of this somehow.
If you are all sleeping and not paying attention to this and not intervening to make these things stop you could be next. I was raised with the saying – Nazi Germany is what happened because good people did nothing. You are seeing the same thing happening in these United States and what are you doing about it?
Posted in #MedicareFraud, #racism/in/hospitals, #Rev.Dr.Robert.Bennett, #sexism.in.hospitals, Adolph Hitler, American Corporate Businesses, American Oligarchs, bigotry, Growing Old, Guest comments, Health, health Industry, Henry Louis Gates, Jr., James O'Sullivan, attorney, Medicare Fraud, Nazism, racism, Robert Bennett, sexism, Skip Gates, Trump Criminal Enterprise, Trump Mafia | Comments Off on Responses from Bettina Network Lifestyle Community Members!